Other Plan of Correction Issues and Reiteration Cont'd
It is possible for facilities to receive multiple documents due to the multiple purposes of visits. The documents may include the same tags or different tags. Each document received requires a PoC.
Multiple 2567 example:
- On a complaint investigation, W159 was cited. Three months later, at the annual recertification survey and licensing inspection, W159 was noted to be uncorrected and was re-cited. One CMS-2567 will be generated for the follow up to the complaint investigation, and another one will be generated for the annual recertification survey and licensing inspection. A PoC will be required for both of the 2567s; however, the facility can use the same PoC for both 2567s.
Facilities need to ensure that they received all the pages of the CMS-2567 and DADS-3724 (including blank last pages).
- In some instances, the federal data system prints a blank last page due to the set up for the last printed line at the bottom of the previous page.
- The page format is not adjustable by the surveyor because it is set within the system.
- The document must be returned the same way it was received.
All pages (including blank pages) must be returned to the Regulatory Services office specified in the PoC letter that accompanied the CMS-2567 and DADS-3724.
- "The PoC for each citation must include all five PoC elements."