Informal Dispute Resolution

If the facility chooses to refute deficiencies/violations, it can request an Informal Dispute Resolution (IDR). 

A refutation submitted on the statement of deficiencies/violations is not an "acceptable" plan of correction. The facility is still required to submit an acceptable PoC (even if requesting an IDR).

If the facility is contesting deficiencies/violations and is considering whether to delay sending in the PoC until the dispute is resolved, the facility is taking a risk because: