Element 3 - Example of a System Facilities Can Put Into Place
Here is an example of a system to address a deficiency:
- The Unit Management Team will review all facility incident reports on a daily basis.
- The Incident Management Team will review incidents that involved injuries (including those of an unknown cause and non-reportable injuries) or allegations of abuse or neglect on the next business day.
- QIDPs are expected to convene interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings to address all injuries and allegations of abuse or neglect within 24 hours of the date of discovery.
- QIDPs must submit a copy of the IDT meeting minutes to the unit director and quality assurance director.
- QIDPs must ensure that the IDT considers the following: all of the facts gathered to date, history of similar incidents / allegations, and programs designed to address the situation.