Plan of Correction Elements
The five elements below apply to all ICF/IID PoCs:
- Element 1: "How the corrective action will be accomplished for individuals found to have been affected by the deficient practice."
- Element 2: "How the facility will identify other individuals who have the potential to be affected by the same deficient practice, and how the facility will act to protect individuals in similar situations."
- Element 3: "What measures will be put into place or systemic changes made to ensure that the deficient practice will not recur."
- Element 4: "How the facility will monitor its corrective actions/performance to ensure the deficient practice is being corrected and will not recur, i.e., what program will be put into place to monitor the continued effectiveness of the systemic change to ensure that solutions are permanent."
- Element 5: "When corrective action must be accomplished."
(State Operations Manual 3006.5(C))