Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines system as a regularly interacting or interdependent group of items forming a unified whole.
In an ICF/IID, systems that promote individual care, comfort, safety, and well-being can include, but are not limited to:
- overseeing daily management and operation of the facility;
- providing active treatment;
- protecting individuals from abuse and neglect;
- delivering health care to individuals;
- ensuring freedoms and choices of individuals are honored; and
- ensuring staff competency.