Brenham State Supported Living Center
4001 Texas 36 South
Brenham, Texas 77833
Click here for directions to the Brenham State Supported Living Center.
About Brenham State Supported Living Center
- Opened in 1974.
- The 200-acre state supported living center is home to approximately 325 people.
- Approximately 1,000 people work at the state supported living center.
- The state supported living center is managed by Director Natalie Montalvo.
- The state supported living center serves a 10-county area: Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Montgomery, Robertson, Walker and Washington. (Click here for a map in PDF format that shows the state supported living centers and the counties they serve.)
Become a volunteer
Volunteers can help improve the quality of life for residents. There are two ways to volunteer:
- To volunteer at a living center, visit the DADS State Supported Living Center Volunteer website to learn more or to register as a volunteer.
- To become involved with the Volunteer Services Council, visit their website. The VSC is a 501 (3) c nonprofit organization that helps improve the lives of residents through donations, service projects and other means.
Family members and friends are encouraged to visit the facility as frequently as possible. We request that all visitors check in at the switchboard/administration building upon arriving at the facility to assure that appropriate record of the visit is maintained. Prior arrangements for visiting in homes is encouraged.
Patrick Heard Park
Patrick Heard Park is a large picnic area and pavilion. It is handicap-accessible and offers bathroom facilities. Call 979-836-4511 to make a reservation.
Lillian A. Wilder Memorial Chapel
The chapel is used for several services meeting residents' faith needs. It is handicap-accessible and has a small kitchen, conference room and chaplain's office. Call 979-836-4511 to make a reservation.
How to arrange a tour
- Public tours are available by contacting the Community Relations Office at 979-836-4511.
- Press tours are available by contacting the DADS Communications Office at 512-438-3056.
Vocational services provide residents with an on-site workshop and the opportunity to work in community-based settings. Call 979-836-4511 to learn more.
You can learn about supported employment for individuals who live at state supported living centers by visiting the state supported living center supported employment website. The site includes a video about the supported employment program.
Updated: January 31, 2013