Primary Home Care
Primary Home Care (PHC) provides non-technical in-home attendant services to people who have an approved medical need for assistance with personal care tasks. PHC is available to eligible people whose health problems cause them to be functionally limited in performing activities of daily living according to a practitioner's statement of medical need. Attendants provide PHC services.
What services are provided?
- Escorting a person to medical appointment for diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Home management to help with housekeeping activities that support the person's health and safety.
- Personal care related to the care of the person's physical health.
Who can get services?
- You must be 21 or older.
- You must have an unmet need for help with home management and personal care tasks.
- You must have a practitioner's statement of medical need.
- You must be eligible for Medicaid.
- You must meet specified functional assessment score and have a functional limitation with at least one personal care task based on your medical condition.
How do I apply for services?
Updated: November 6, 2012