Day Activity and Health Services
Licensed day activity and health services (DAHS) facilities provide daytime services to people who live in the community as an alternative to living in a nursing home or other institution. Services, which usually are provided Monday through Friday, address physical, mental, medical and social needs. Sometimes, this is called adult day care or adult day services.
What services are provided?
- Noon meal and snacks
- Nursing and personal care
- Physical rehabilitation
- Social, educational and recreational activities
Who can get services?
- You must be at least 18.
- You must have a functional disability related to medical diagnosis.
- You must have a medical diagnosis and physician's order requiring care or supervision.
- You must need help with one or more personal care tasks.
- You must meet these eligibility criteria:
- you must be a Medicaid recipient to get Title XIX services; and
- your income and resources may not exceed specified limits to get Title XX services.
How do I apply for services?
Updated: November 6, 2012