Area agencies on aging transportation
Assistance and transportation, including escort, is provided to people who are older and have difficulty, whether physical or cognitive, using regular transportation. Each "trip" includes the following:
- Helping prepare for the trip
- Helping the person get in the vehicle at his or her home and out of the vehicle at the destination (such as a medical office)
- Staying with the person at their destination
This service involves taking a person who is older from one location to another, but does not include any other activity. There are two types of transportation services:
- Demand/Response takes people from a specific origin to a specific destination upon request. People usually have to request this service 24-48 hours before the planned trip.
- Fixed route transportation operates in a predetermined route with permanent transit stops, which are clearly marked with route numbers and departure schedules. The person who is older does not reserve a ride; he or she simply goes to the designated location at the designated time.
How do I apply for services?
Contact your AAA by calling 1-800-252-9240.
Updated: November 6, 2012