How Do I Report Suspected Fraud or Misuse of State Resources?
Report suspected waste, fraud or abuse in health and human services programs to the:
- Texas State Auditor's Office at 1-800-TX-AUDIT §or
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission Office of Inspector General at 1-800-436-6184
You also can contact these agencies online at:
Reporting Fraud FAQs
Click on a plus sign to learn more about reporting fraud or misuse of state resources.
Fraud is the crime of dishonestly taking something of value from someone else.
Examples of fraud may include:
- Giving someone a generic drug but billing for the name-brand drug
- Billing a person for services already paid for by someone else
- Misusing someone’s money
- Claiming payment for services that were not provided.
Anyone can report fraud, waste or abuse. The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) is required by law to refer suspected provider fraud to the Office of Inspector General.
Updated: February 16, 2016