Lubbock State Supported Living Center
3401 North University Ave.
Lubbock, Texas 79408
About Lubbock State Supported Living Center
- Opened in 1969.
- The 226-acre state supported living center is home to 206 people.
- Approximately 790 people work at the state supported living center.
- The state supported living center is managed by Director Elizabeth (Libby) Allen.
- The state supported living center serves a 54-county area: Archer, Armstrong, Bailey, Baylor, Briscoe, Carson, Castro, Childress, Clay, Cochran, Collingsworth, Cottle, Crosby, Dallam, Deaf Smith, Dickens, Donley, Floyd, Foard, Gray, Hale, Hall, Hansford, Hardeman, Hartley, Haskell, Hemphill, Hockley, Hutchinson, Jack, King, Knox, Lamb, Lipscomb, Lubbock, Lynn, Montague, Moore, Motley, Ochiltree, Oldham, Parmer, Potter, Randall, Roberts, Sherman, Stonewall, Swisher, Throckmorton, Wheeler, Wichita, Wilbarger, Wise and Young. (Click here for a map in PDF format that shows the state supported living centers and the counties they serve.)
Family members and friends are encouraged to visit the facility as frequently as possible. We request that all visitors check in at the switchboard/administration building upon arriving at the facility to assure that appropriate record of the visit is maintained. Prior arrangements for visiting in homes is encouraged.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Public tours are available by contacting the Community Relations Office at 806-741-3800.
- Press tours are available by contacting the DADS Communications Office at 512-438-3056.
The Family Lodge is available for visiting family members. Call 806-741-3800 to make reservations.
Vocational services provide residents with an on-site workshop and the opportunity to work in community-based settings. Call 806-741-3800 to learn more.
You can learn about supported employment for individuals who live at state supported living centers by visiting the state supported living center supported employment website. The site includes a video about the supported employment program.
Updated: October 1, 2014