Denton State Supported Living Center
3980 State School Road
Denton, Texas 76210
About Denton State Supported Living Center
- Opened in 1960.
- The 189-acre state supported living center is home to 457 people.
- Approximately 1,500 people work at the state supported living center.
- The state supported living center is managed by Director Nancy Condon.
- The state supported living center serves a 18-county area: Camp, Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Delta, Denton, Ellis, Fannin, Franklin, Grayson, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Lamar, Morris, Navarro, Rockwall and Titus. (Click here for a map in PDF format that shows the state supported living centers and the counties they serve.)
Family members and friends are encouraged to visit the facility as frequently as possible. We request that all visitors check in at the switchboard/administration building upon arriving at the facility to assure that appropriate record of the visit is maintained. Prior arrangements for visiting in homes is encouraged.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Public tours are available by contacting the Community Relations Office at 940-891-0342.
- Press tours are available by contacting the DADS Communications Office at 512-438-3056.
The Respite House is available to visiting family members. This four-bedroom, two-bath house has a full kitchen, dining room and family room. Linens, towels, kitchen equipment, and cooking and eating utensils are provided. There also is a washer and dryer. Call 940-891-0342 to make reservations.
The Shotton House is a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment. The kitchen has a microwave and a coffeepot only. It is equipped with eating utensils, bed and bath linens. Call 940-891-0342 to make reservations.
Vocational services provide residents with an on-site workshop and the opportunity to work in community-based settings. Call 940-891-0342 to learn more.
You can learn about supported employment for individuals who live at state supported living centers by visiting the state supported living center supported employment website. The site includes a video about the supported employment program.
Updated: March 27, 2015