Brenham State Supported Living Center
4001 Texas 36 South
Brenham, Texas 77833
About Brenham State Supported Living Center
- Opened in 1974.
- The 200-acre state supported living center is home to 291 people.
- Approximately 1,000 people work at the state supported living center.
- The state supported living center is managed by Director Iva Benson.
- The state supported living center serves a 10-county area: Brazos, Burleson, Grimes, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Montgomery, Robertson, Walker and Washington. (Click here for a map in PDF format that shows the state supported living centers and the counties they serve.)
Family members and friends are encouraged to visit the facility as frequently as possible. We request that all visitors check in at the switchboard/administration building upon arriving at the facility to assure that appropriate record of the visit is maintained. Prior arrangements for visiting in homes is encouraged.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Public tours are available by contacting the Community Relations Office at 979-836-4511.
- Press tours are available by contacting the DADS Communications Office at 512-438-3056.
Patrick Heard Park
Patrick Heard Park is a large picnic area and pavilion. It is accessible to people with disabilities and offers bathroom facilities. Call 979-836-4511 to make a reservation.
Lillian A. Wilder Memorial Chapel
The chapel is used for several services meeting residents' faith needs. It is accessible to people with disabilities and has a small kitchen, conference room and chaplain's office. Call 979-836-4511 to make a reservation.
Vocational services provide residents with an on-site workshop and the opportunity to work in community-based settings. Call 979-836-4511 to learn more.
You can learn about supported employment for individuals who live at state supported living centers by visiting the state supported living center supported employment website. The site includes a video about the supported employment program.
Updated: March 10, 2015