San Antonio State Supported Living Center
6711 S. New Braunfels
San Antonio, Texas 78223
About San Antonio State Supported Living Center
- Opened in 1978.
- The 40-acre state supported living center is home to 237 people.
- Approximately 660 people work at the state supported living center.
- The state supported living center is managed by Director Ralph Henry.
- The state supported living center serves a 10-county area: Atascosa, Bexar, Dimmit, Frio, Karnes, La Salle, Maverick, McMullen, Wilson and Zavala. (Click here for a map in PDF format that shows the state supported living centers and the counties they serve.)
Family members and friends are encouraged to visit the facility as frequently as possible. We request that all visitors check in at the switchboard/administration building upon arriving at the facility to assure that appropriate record of the visit is maintained. Prior arrangements for visiting in homes is encouraged.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Public tours are available by contacting the Community Relations Office at 210-531-3729.
- Press tours are available by contacting the DADS Communications Office at 512-438-3056.
Vocational services provide residents with an on-site workshop and the opportunity to work in community-based settings. Call 210-532-9610 to learn more.
You can learn about supported employment for individuals who live at state supported living centers by visiting the state supported living center supported employment website. The site includes a video about the supported employment program.
Updated: August 28, 2014