HCS and TxHmL Pre-Application Orientation
Before a Home and Community-based Services (HCS) or Texas Home Living (TxHmL) program provider applicant can submit an application packet to the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS), they first must complete all the requirements of the Pre-Application Orientation (PAO).
Who is required to complete the PAO?
DADS requires the following person(s) to complete the PAO before submitting an application:
- Owner/contact person: Individual who should be contacted about waiver program services questions and issues.
- Program manager: Individual, designated by owner/contact person, who is responsible for managing and overseeing the direct provision of services to individuals enrolled and ensuring the legal entity's compliance with certification principles and the terms and conditions of the contract. This person is designated in Section 7b of DADS Form 3681.
Note: The program manager must attend the next scheduled provider applicant training and complete the self-assessment exam. There are no exceptions to this requirement. In addition, no substitutions are allowed for this individual during the application process.
How long will it take to complete the PAO?
Each module should take less than two hours to complete.
How do you verify participation?
After completing each required module, required participants must print the certificate of completion at the end of the module. Each certificate must reflect a minimum score of 70 percent. Required participants must sign each certificate of completion, keep the original for their records and submit a copy with their application packet to DADS. Application packets will be rejected if certificates of completion:
- are not signed;
- are not included for each of the six modules;
- do not reflect a score of 70 percent or higher; or
- do not included for each required participant.
Click on each module to begin. If you use a pop-up blocker, you must disable the pop-up blocker in order to take the courses. If you fail to disable your pop-up blocker, the course will not load.
Note: Before printing your certificates of completion, please check your browser's print settings to ensure a proper printout. In Internet Explorer, select "File" and "Page Setup". Ensure that "Enable Shrink-to-fit" is checked and click "OK".
- Module One: Course Overview
- Module Two: DADS Overview
- Module Three: Programs Overview
- Module Four: Application Process
- Module Five: Additional Processes
- Module Six: Post Application
If you have further questions, please call 512-438-3550 or send an email to HCS@dads.state.tx.us.
Updated: January 12, 2015