Before a Home and Community Support Services Agency (HCSSA) can become licensed, certain members of its staff must complete an important preliminary training called a Presurvey Conference. [40 TAC §97.13(a)]
To ensure that HCSSA license applicants can meet the requirement, the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) has created an online version of the HCSSA Presurvey Conference. Successfully completing this computer-based training (CBT) will fully satisfy the Presurvey Conference licensure requirement.
Who is required to participate in the presurvey CBT?
- Agencies providing Personal Assistance Services (PAS) only must designate an administrator and an alternate administrator who must both complete the Presurvey CBT.
- All other agencies must designate an administrator, alternate administrator, supervising nurse, and alternate supervising nurse who must each complete the Presurvey CBT.
How long will it take to complete the CBT?
Each Presurvey CBT module will take from 30 minutes to an hour to complete; however, there is no time limit imposed on participants.
How do you verify participation?
After completing each required module, training participants must print out a participation verification certificate. Sign each of these documents, keep a copy for your agency’s records, and submit a copy with your agency’s license application. Application packets will not be accepted without these documents!
Four steps to taking the HCSSA presurvey computer-based training
- Obtain the required materials. In order to successfully complete the Presurvey Conference CBT, participants must have access to the most current copies of all relevant regulations and laws. These regulations and laws are accessible from Module 1.
- Complete all required modules.
It’s estimated that each module will require about one hour for successful completion. Each module must be completed in its entirety along with the end-of-module quiz. To begin each module, click on each module title below. After each module is completed, participants must print out and sign a participation verification form. Participants will then be returned to this page.
- Submit the appropriate participant verification certificates with your applications.
All training participants must complete Modules 1 and 2. Click on each to begin.
All training participants must also complete an additional module for each of their agency’s selected service categories. Click on each applicable module to begin.
- Module 3: Personal Assistance Services
- Module 4: Licensed Home Health Services
- Module 5: Licensed & Certified Home Health Services
- Module 6: Hospice Services
- Module 7: Home Dialysis Services
If, after taking Modules 1 and 2, you are unsure about what other modules you need to take, please contact the appropriate regional office.
- For questions regarding your licensure application, please contact a HCSSA licensing specialist at 512-438-2630.
- For questions regarding rules, please contact a HCSSA rule writer at 361-878-3419.
- For questions regarding policies, please contact a HCSSA policy specialist at 512-438-3161.
- If you have technical problems with the CBT, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of useful telephone numbers is available for your convenience.
The purpose of this presentation is to provide information about the Form 2021 Licensing Application and the rules affecting the application located in the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 97 Subchapter B licensing standards as it relates to the Home and Community Support Services Agencies (HCSSA).
This information will equip the participant to understand the licensing process and application requirements.
Updated: October 19, 2016