What is an Employability Check?
To determine employability, facilities and agencies must check an applicant's criminal history, Nurse Aide Registry status and Employee Misconduct Registry status.
- Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Record Service
- Nurse Aide Registry (NAR)
- Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR)
- Single Nurse Aide Registry/Employee Misconduct Registry Check (this will automatically search NAR and EMR for employability disqualifications)
For more information
- Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 250: Nurse Aide Registry and Criminal History Checks of Employees and Applicants for Employment in Certain Facilities Serving the Elderly or Persons with Disabilities
- Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 253: Employee Misconduct Registry
Updated: February 10, 2015