Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers
Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers (PPECCs) allow minors from birth through age 20 with medically complex conditions to receive daily medical care in a non-residential setting.
When prescribed by a physician, minors can attend a PPECC up to a maximum of 12 hours per day to receive medical, nursing, psychosocial, therapeutic and developmental services appropriate to their medical condition and developmental status.
The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) will begin licensing and regulating the centers on Jan. 1, 2015.
News & Alerts
- HHSC Announces Delay in Implementation of PPECC Benefit (Feb. 4, 2015)
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center Medicaid Program Rules Update (Oct. 31, 2014)
- Ebola Health Alert (Oct. 3, 2014)
- National Medication Schedule Change (Sep. 19, 2014)
- Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center (PPECC) Plan Review (Sep. 18, 2014)
- Previous alerts
- For program information, please email email@example.com.
- For policy or rules information, please call 512-438-3161.
Subscribe to Email Updates
Updated: February 11, 2015