Summarizes the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) budget by strategy, method of finance, object of expense and objective outcomes.
- DADS Operating Budget for fiscal year 2014 (PDF)
- DADS Operating Budge for fiscal year 2012 (PDF)
- Click here to see previous operating budgets
Consolidates the strategic plans of the Texas health and human services agencies into one system-wide planning document.
- HHS Strategic Plan for FY 2015-2019
- HHS Strategic Plan for FY 2013-2017
- Click here to see previous strategic plans.
State funding is determined during the regular state appropriation process. The state operates under a two-year budget cycle whereby each agency or institution prepares an LAR that outlines its funding requirements and/or needs for the upcoming biennium. This request includes all sources of funds the agency expects to have available, including federal funds.
Long-Term Care Plan for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Related Conditions (PDF format) is published by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission as part of the Consolidated Budget for fiscal years 2012-13.
Report Update for State Supported Living Centers Fiscal Years 2010-2011 (PDF). Biennially, DADS presents a report to update the public about the provision of services at state supported living centers. Through this report, DADS fulfills the statutory mandate for developing a long-range plan containing information and recommendations regarding the most efficient long-term use and management of these facilities, as required by Part 1. Health and Safety Code - Title 7 Mental Health and Mental Retardation Subtitle A. Chapter 533. Subchapter B. §533.032(c) on Long-Range Planning
State Plan on Aging outlines how DADS will administer Older Americans Act programs in Texas.
- State Plan on Aging 2015-2017 (Approved by the Administration for Community Living on Aug. 5, 2014)
- State Plan on Aging 2011-2013
Updated: September 15, 2014