Forms and handbooks
Note: To view or print any forms that are in Adobe Acrobat PDF, you must download and install the Adobe Reader on your computer. If you do not have the software, you can download it free from the Adobe website: Download Adobe Reader.
If you use the Firefox or Chrome browsers, and PDF forms do not display correctly, you will need to disable the built-in PDF viewer in your browser. This will allow you to use the Adobe Reader to view and complete the forms.
- DADS forms site — contains a comprehensive list of agency forms that can be searched by title or number.
- Order printed forms — Service providers may order any of the forms listed in this document free of charge. This order form is in MS Word and must be emailed to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission for processing.
DADS handbooks include program policies and procedures, including related forms.
- The Adult Day Care and Day Activity and Health Services Requirements Handbook contains rules for adult day care facilities and rules for those adult day care facilities contracting to provide day activity and health services (DAHS).
- The Assisted Living Handbook contains forms that facilities use to coordinate services. Only forms are included in the handbook.
- The Case Manager Community Based Alternatives (CBA) Handbook includes rules, policies and procedures for DADS case managers to administer the CBA program. The handbook is used in conjunction with the CBA Provider Manual, which provides rules and procedures for contracted provider agencies to administer the program.
- The Case Manager Community Care for Aged and Disabled Handbook contains eligibility criteria, policy and procedures for agency programs. DADS provides an array of services and community supports that enable people who are elderly or who have disabilities to avoid institutionalization.
- The Case Manager In-Home and Family Support Program Handbook provides program information for persons with physical disabilities and their families. It contains policies and guidelines for applying for direct grant benefits and services that enable people who are disabled to live independently in the community.
- The Case Manager Medically Dependent Children Program Handbook includes rules, policies and procedures for DADS case managers to administer the Medically Dependent Children Program.
- The Community Based Alternatives (CBA) Provider Manual includes rules and procedures for administering the CBA program. All providers of CBA services must follow these rules and procedures in order to comply with the terms of the DADS contract.
- The Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) Provider Manual contains rules and procedures for administering the CLASS Program. It is incorporated by reference as a part of the CLASS contract.
- The Consumer Directed Services Handbook includes rules and procedures for consumers, employers, Consumer Directed Service Agency (CDSA) staff, case managers, DADS contract managers, staff and other interested parties.
- The Consumer Managed Personal Attendant Services Provider Manual provides information to licensed agencies under contract to provide personal assistance services to individuals who have physical disabilities and who are able to supervise an attendant or have someone who can supervise the attendant for them.
- The Contracting to Provide Assisted Living and Residential Care Services Handbook contains rules for administering the Residential Care Program. It is incorporated by reference as a part of the program contract.
- The Contracting to Provide Primary Home Care Services Handbook contains rules for provider agencies contracting to provide Community Care for the Aged and Disabled Primary Home Care services.
- The Contracting to Provide Special Services to Persons with Disabilities (SSPD) Handbook contains rules for adult day care facilities and other provider agencies contracting to provide SSPD and SSPD 24-hour shared attendant care.
- The Day Activity and Health Services (DAHS) Provider Manual contains rules and procedures for administering the DAHS Program. It is incorporated by reference as a part of the DAHS contract.
- The Deaf Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD) Program Manual is a guide for provider agencies contracting with DADS to serve individuals who are deaf-blind with multiple disabilities. The manual includes policy, forms, resources and links to related Internet sites.
- The Denial or Refusal of License (DRL) contains rules that govern criminal convictions that may bar licensure for nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, adult day care facilities, intermediate care facilities for persons with intellectual disability, and home and community support services agencies (HCSSAs).
- The Electronic and Information Resources Accessibility Policy Handbook is intended to ensure accessibility for both state employees and members of the public.
- The Electronic and Information Resources Accessibility Procedures Manual provides guidance for DADS staff, contractors and others involved in the creation, maintenance or procurement of electronic and information resources.
- The Emergency Response Services (ERS) Provider Manual contains rules and procedures for administering the ERS Program. It is incorporated by reference as a part of the ERS contract.
- The Employee Misconduct Registry Handbook contains rules relating to findings of abuse, neglect or exploitation of residents and misappropriation of residents' property by unlicensed direct care employees in DADS-regulated long-term care facilities.
- The Guardianship Provider Handbook contains procedures relating to referrals, billing and payment, and contract monitoring for guardianship providers.
- The Guardianship Services Handbook includes policies and procedures relating to the provision of guardianship services.
- The Home and Community-based Services (HCS) Handbook describes the responsibilities of the local authority service coordinator and the HCS provider and explains DADS survey processes for local authorities and HCS providers.
- The Home and Community-based Service Program Billing Guidelines instruct providers on how to properly prepare and submit service claims.
- The Home-Delivered Meals Provider Manual applies to provider agencies that receive Title XX and/or Title XIX funding and to the Title XX/Title XIX funded portion of a common provider. This document replaces the Contracting to Provide Home-Delivered Meals Handbook.
- The Licensed Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Related Conditions (ICF/IID) Provider Manual is a guide for providers contracting with the Department of Aging and Disability Services to provide 24-hour residential care and treatment services to individuals who have a diagnosis of an intellectual disability or a related condition.
- The Licensing Standards for Assisted Living Facilities Handbook contains minimum standards a facility must meet in order to be licensed as an assisted living facility. The standards serve as a basis for licensure survey activities.
- The Licensing Standards for Home and Community Support Services Agencies Handbook outlines the minimum standards that a person must meet in order to be licensed as a home and community support services agency.
- The Licensing Standards for ICFs Serving Persons with ID/RC Handbook outlines the development, establishment, and enforcement of service standards for individuals residing in intermediate care facilities for persons with intellectual disability or a related condition.
- The Licensing Standards for Medication Aides Handbook contains rules for administering medications to residents in long-term care facilities.
- The Local Authority Handbook (LAH) includes forms and publications for use by LA staff.
- The Medicaid Hospice Provider Manual contains policy that providers must follow when administering the program and meeting the needs of hospice recipients.
- The Medicaid Hospice Program Standards Handbook contains rules providers must follow when administrating the program and meeting the needs of hospice recipients.
- The Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) Provider Manual includes rules and procedures for administering the MDCP Waiver. All providers of MDCP services must follow these rules and procedures in order to comply with the terms of the DADS contract.
- The Nursing Facility Administrators Handbook contains licensure rules for administrators of nursing care facilities.
- The Nursing Facility Provider Manual provides basic information to nursing facilities certified to provide services to Medicaid recipients.
- The Nursing Facility Requirements for Licensure and Medicaid Certification Handbook specifies federal and state requirements governing licensed nursing facilities and the Medicaid Nursing Facilities program, administered by DADS in cooperation with other federal and state agencies.
- The Person-Directed Planning for State Supported Living Centers Handbook contains forms, instructions and appendixes applicable to the person-directed process used in state supported living centers in Texas.
- The Texas Home Living Program Handbook contains rules for the program, which provides essential services and supports so that Texans with intellectual disabilities can continue to live with their families or in their own homes in the community.
- The Texas Home Living Program Billing Guidelines contain billing procedures for various services, including dental treatment, adaptive aids and minor home modifications.
- The Texas Standards for Nurse Aide Registry and Training Handbook contains information relating to the training and competency evaluation of nurse aides employed in skilled nursing facilities (Medicare) or nursing facilities (Medicaid) and the registry of nurse aides.
- The Transition Assistance Services Orientation Handbook outlines the delivery of transition assistance services.
Updated: July 1, 2014