The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) is committed to making its websites accessible to all users by adhering to Section 508 standards.
We have incorporated several features designed to improve accessibility, including:
- Images on the site contain relevant "alt tags," which aid users of screen reading software.
- Audio and video clips are accompanied by text scripts.
- Non-HTML files are accompanied by links where users may download the latest free readers and viewers.
- Spanish translations are provided, when possible.
To improve the accessibility of our website, we test major redesigns with several tools. We currently use various tools for site validation, including:
- W3C HTML Validation Service
- W3C CSS Validation Service
- JAWS Screen Reader
- Various versions of different Web browsers
DADS welcomes comments on how to improve the site's accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our websites interfere with your ability to access the information,please contact the DADS Stakeholder Relations Unit, 512-438-4157, or email Jose.firstname.lastname@example.org. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material and your contact information.
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas is available from the Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities.
Updated: December 31, 2012