Case Manager Community Based Alternatives Handbook
How to Print
DADS handbooks are available online only, but it is possible for users to print sections or portions, as needed. It is also possible to open files in Microsoft Word to edit or format, as needed.
Note: It is not possible at this time to print an entire handbook at once (only one section at a time). In addition, PDF versions of handbook sections are not available.
To print a handbook section – Go to File in the upper left corner and click on Print. You have these options:
- Option 1 – Print All (allows you to print the entire section at once).
- Option 2 – Print Selection (allows you to print a
portionof the section; see instructions below).
- Option 3 – Print Pages (a single page or a range of pages).
- Or, bypass these options and print the entire file directly by clicking on the print icon at the top of the page.
To use the Selection option (printing a portion of a file) – Highlight the text you wish to print (that is, drag your mouse over the text you want to print and keep it highlighted; in most cases the text will appear blue, but you may have another color setting). Then follow these steps:
- Go to File.
- Click on Print.
- Choose Selection.
- Click on Print.
To edit or format handbook sections – It is possible to edit or format a handbook section in Microsoft Word (for example, to adjust margins, insert page numbers, etc.). Follow these steps:
- Open the section you wish to format.
- Go to File and click on "Edit with Microsoft Office Word." This will automatically create a Word file of the section contents. Give your computer a moment to create the file.
- Now you can format as you wish using standard Word commands. Delete extraneous material such as the navigation information. Remember to name and save your file.