Texas Works Handbook
How to Search
Google is the search engine for DADS handbooks. Use the tips below to improve the accuracy of your results:
- To search for a specific phrase, a proper name or a set of words in a specific order, place them in double quotes. Examples: “in-home respite” or “consumer directed services.” This is probably the easiest, most effective way to get what you need.
- Google ignores common words such as “the,” “where” and “how,” as well as some single digits and letters. To search for a term that includes a common word, use a plus sign (+) before the first word. There is no space between the plus sign and the word. Example: +The Gerontologist.
- If you do not want Google to show certain words or terms among the top results, use a minus sign (−) sign. Examples: DADS –fathers, Texans –football.
- Google ignores capitalization. You can enter Respite Care, respite care, RESPITE CARE or any variation and you’ll get the same results.
- There is no need to include “and” in queries with multiple items. However, the order in which you type the words will affect the results.
For more extensive search information, go to http://www.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=352.