Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Texas Works Handbook
Effective: January 1, 2011
Part M — Section 2200
M—2210 How to Report a Change
Centralized Benefit Services (CBS) staff process all changes for Medicaid for Transitioning Foster Care Youth (MTFCY) recipients. MTFCY recipients can report changes:
- by calling or visiting a local eligibility determination office (which will forward the change to CBS);
- in writing, by mail;
- by toll-free fax to 800-318-2052 or 866-246-8444;
- by completing Form H1019, Report of Change, and mailing or faxing the form to CBS; or
- by calling 2-1-1.
Note: When a change is reported by telephone, staff must verify that the person speaking is the individual or an authorized representative.
An individual is continuously eligible for MTFCY for 12 months or through the month of his 21st birthday, whichever is earlier.
An individual must report the following changes:
- an address change,
- voluntary withdrawal of the individual,
- receipt of health insurance, or
- if the individual moves out state.
Process all other changes, including agency-generated changes, at the next renewal.
Exception: If the applicant/individual failed to report required information at the time of the application that causes the applicant/individual to be ineligible for MTFCY, advisors must deny the benefits and send a fraud referral to the Office of the Inspector General.
M—2220 Action on Changes
If an individual reports a change or the advisor receives an agency-generated change during the 12-month continuous eligibility period and has:
- no associated Eligibility Determination Group (EDG), document the change and handle at renewal, unless it is a change of address, the certified individual dies, a voluntary withdrawal, receipt of health insurance or the individual moves out of Texas.
- an associated EDG, document the change and handle at renewal unless it is a change of address, the certified individual dies, a voluntary withdrawal, receipt of health insurance or the individual moves out of Texas.
- a change of address, mail the individual Form H0025, Voter Registration Application, to register to vote based on the new address. If the individual contacts CBS or 2-1-1 to decline the opportunity to register to vote after receipt of Form H0025, mail Form H1350, Opportunity to Register to Vote, to the individual for a signature. File Form H1350 in the case record when the individual returns the form and retain the form for at least 22 months.
Registering to Vote, A-1521