Electronic Visit Verification
Electronic visit verification (EVV) is a telephone and computer-based system that electronically verifies service visits occur and documents the precise time service provision begins and ends. The purpose of EVV is to verify that individuals are receiving the services authorized for their support and for which the state is being billed.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is implementing an EVV initiative that will replace the DADS EVV initiative and expand requirements for the use of EVV to cover the entire state.
Effective June 1, 2015, EVV will be required statewide in all DADS regions.
- DADS Region 1 — Lubbock, Amarillo and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 2 — Abilene, Wichita Falls and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 3 — Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 4 — Longview, Tyler and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 5 — Beaumont, Nacogdoches, Jasper and surrounding areas
- DADS Region 6 — Houston, Conroe, Bay City and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 7 — Austin, Waco, Temple and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 8 — San Antonio, New Braunfels, Del Rio and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 9 — Midland, Odessa, San Angelo and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 10 — El Paso, Pecos and the surrounding areas
- DADS Region 11 — Corpus Christi, Brownsville, McAllen and the surrounding areas
For a complete list of the counties included in each region, please access the map here (PDF format).
Programs Impacted by EVV
Provider agencies in these regions who deliver the following services and programs will be required to implement and use EVV:
Attendant-like services provided in the home and in the community for the following programs:
|Consumer Directed Services||Consumer Directed Services (CDS) option.
EVV is optional for individuals who have selected CDS.
EVV Vendor Selection for HHSC EVV Initiative
Effective February 27, 2015, HHSC announced that Sandata Technologies, LLC, has withdrawn participation from the HHSC EVV initiative. The three remaining vendors are Care Monitoring 2000, DataLogic (Vesta), and MEDsys.
Provider agencies that selected Sandata for the provision of EVV services under the HHSC EVV initiative must select one of the remaining three HHSC-approved EVV vendors. Provider agencies must follow the process for EVV vendor selection by submitting a new, completed Form H1002, Provider Electronic Visit Verification Vendor System Selection no later than Friday, March 20, 2015.
All DADS provider agencies providing services subject to EVV that did not select an EVV vendor by close of business on February 10, 2015, will be assigned to an HHSC-approved EVV vendor for the provision of EVV services. Provider agencies assigned an EVV vendor by HHSC by default will be notified of their vendor assignment by HHSC.
- Click here for information regarding the HHSC EVV Vendors
- Click here for the EVV Vendor Selection Form.
HHSC EVV Implementation Timeline
On February 27, 2015, the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) announced it delayed implementation of electronic visit verification (EVV). The timeline of EVV implementation dates are included in the HHSC Provider Notification announcement that serves as notice to providers of the new implementation schedule for the HHSC EVV Initiative.
Questions about EVV
In the event the information you are seeking is not found, or if you have comments, questions or suggestions, please contact us.
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
Mail Code W-324
P.O. Box 149030
Austin, TX 78714-9030
Note to Assistive Technology Users
If you use assistive technology, and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact DADS at DADS.EVV@dads.state.tx.us. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility concern, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.
Updated: April 1, 2016