What is Electronic Visit Verification?
Electronic visit verification (EVV) is a telephone and computer-based system that electronically verifies service visits occur and documents the precise time service begins and ends. It is required for certain home and community-based services provided by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS), and certain Managed Care Organizations (MCOs).
Texas implemented EVV to verify that individuals/members receive the services authorized for their support and for which the state is being billed. Time will be logged using an HHSC-approved EVV System and an individual/member home landline telephone, or a small alternative device.
Electronic Visit Verification At-a-Glance
Dual Eligible Integrated Care Demonstration
|STAR Kids (effective Nov. 1, 2016)||
|Acute-care Fee for Service||
|Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)||
|Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP)||
|Community Attendant Services (CAS)||
|Family Care (FC)||
|Primary Home Care (PHC)||
**EVV is optional for members who have selected the Consumer Directed Services (CDS) option
When an attendant provides services to an individual/member in the home or the community, the attendant must use the HHSC approved EVV system and:
- The individual/member home landline telephone; or
- An HHSC-approved small alternative device (SAD).
- Research HHSC-approved EVV vendors
- Select an HHSC-approved EVV vendor
- Complete the Form H1002, Provider Electronic Visit Verification Vendor System Selection
- Send the completed Provider EVV Vendor System Selection Form to Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) at:
Texas Medicaid Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) / Accenture
Approved EVV Vendors
United Health Group
News & Alerts
- Implementation of Electronic Visit Verification Compliance Enforcement (April 27, 2016)
- HHSC Revises EVV Provider System Selection Form (April 5, 2016)
- Mandatory Compliance Begins April 1, 2016 (Dec. 22, 2015)
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Extended from 21 to 60 Calendar Days (Nov. 2, 2015)
- When Changing EVV Vendors, You Need to Allow 120 Days to Complete the Process (Oct. 16, 2015)
- Previous alerts
No letters at this time.
Letters To Individuals/Members
Updated: June 23, 2016