State Supported Living Centers: Employment Opportunities That Offer More Than a Paycheck
At DADS, you will gain not only the satisfaction of work that makes a difference...but a generous benefits package as well!
Utilize your skills in a unique way with a DADS state supported living center.
State supported living centers provide 24-hour residential services, comprehensive behavioral treatment services and healthcare services, including physician services, nursing services and dental services. Other services include skills training, occupational, physical and speech therapies, vocational programs, and other services to maintain connections between residents and their families/natural support systems.
State supported living centers are located in Abilene, Austin, Brenham, Corpus Christi, Denton, El Paso, Lubbock, Lufkin, Mexia, Richmond, San Angelo and San Antonio. Each facility may be home to 150 – 600 residents.
When you work at a state supported living center, you gain unique experience, and job satisfaction in an environment that is therapeutic, dignified and safe for those with developmental disabilities.
In addition to the personal rewards that helping others can provide, DADS offers an attractive compensation package that includes many standard benefits. Optional/negotiable benefits are also available.
- Paid health insurance for employees, with group rates for dependents.
- Paid life insurance of $5,000.
- Dental insurance available at group rates.
- Paid vacation (8 – 20 hours per month, based on years of service).
- Paid sick leave — eight hours each month.
- Retirement benefits.
- Longevity pay ($20 per month for every two years of employment, up to a maximum of $420 monthly).
- Up to 15 paid state and federal holidays per year.
- Career advancement — paid training, professional licensing and educational assistance.
- Optional benefits — deferred compensation 457 plan.
- Texa$aver 401(k) Plan and TexFlex reimbursement accounts.
- Unemployment compensation.
- Worker's compensation.
- Wellness programs.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and criminal history background check; some positions may require licensing and/or certification.
How to Apply
Go to www.careersatdads.com and apply online, or
Complete a state of Texas application and mail or fax to:
accessHR Service Center
P.O. Box 6629
Round Rock, TX
Fax to: 1-866-245-3646
For information about individual state supported living centers, contact them directly or refer to our website at www.careersatdads.com. A list of locations and phone numbers may be found on the back of this brochure.
Visit our website at www.careersatdads.com
Come for the Experience...Stay for the Benefits of Public Service
State supported living centers are residential facilities that provide services to support individual choice, and promote dignity and independence for people with intellectual disabilities. Each facility employs between 500 and 1,400 people in positions that include:
- Direct support professionals
- Nurses (RNs and LVNs)
- Nurse practitioners
- Medical technicians
- Registered therapists
- Food service workers
- Rehabilitation therapy technicians
State Supported Living Center Contact Information
DADS Media Services 12P420 March 2012 Publication No. DADS-188
Updated: August 21, 2015