Watch the Come to Work Where Your Work Makes a Difference video
Note: This video is approximately 20MB in size and requires the use of the Adobe Flash Player. If this video does not automatically start, you will need to download the free Flash player from Adobe.
Text of the video
As a nurse, your compassion and commitment play a vital role in helping those who need help. Now you can now utilize your skills in a different way — as a surveyor with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Nurse surveyors play a vital role by ensuring that long-term care facilities and home health and hospice agencies comply with laws, rules, and regulations. Our mission is to ensure the health and safety of our most vulnerable citizens.
- nursing facilities,
- intermediate care facilities for persons with mental retardation or related conditions,
- adult day care centers,
- assisted living facilities,
- home health care providers,
- hospice providers, and
- providers of developmental disabilities waiver services.
- registered nurses,
- dietitians and nutritionists,
- social workers,
- qualified mental retardation professionals,
- engineers, and
- life safety code specialists.
In addition to the satisfaction of knowing that your work contributes directly to the well-being of others, we offer:
- medical and dental insurance,
- prescription drug programs,
- life insurance,
- disability and long-term care insurance,
- an employee assistance program,
- unemployment compensation,
- worker's compensation,
- a sick leave pool, and
- a wellness program.
We also offer:
- a 40-hour work week,
- a flexible schedule,
- up to 14 paid holidays annually,
- eight to 20 hours of leave per month,
- eight hours of sick leave per month,
- parental and foster parent leave,
- emergency leave,
- performance leave, and
- military and jury leave.
For your financial management and security, we offer:
- direct deposit,
- an automatic payroll deduction,
- a state of Texas retirement plan,
- the 401(k) Tex$aver plan,
- a 457 deferred compensation plan,
- U.S. Savings Bonds,
- TexFlex tax-savings plan,
- the Texas Legal Protection Plan, and
- longevity pay.
If you have compassion and commitment, please join the Regulatory Services staff here at the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, and come to work where your work makes a difference.
Updated: April 23, 2013