State of Texas Application
To be considered for any position with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS), a State of Texas Application is required.
The application and instructions can be downloaded from the Texas Workforce Commission website.
It can be submitted in one of the following ways:
By fax to 1-866-245-3646.
- By mail to:
HHS Employees Service Center
P.O. Box 6629
Round Rock, Texas 78683-6629
- You may apply for jobs directly at the state supported living center at which you want to work.
When using CAPPS, keep these tips in mind:
You can search for a job without registering; however, you must build a profile in order to apply online or take advantage of other features such as email notification of jobs that match your search criteria.
If you want to work for DADS, make sure you choose "Dept of Aging & Disability Svc" from the agency drop-down menu when you search for jobs.
If you want to look for positions at a particular state supported living center, choose that living center from the facility location drop-down menu when you search for jobs.
- You can complete the application in more than one session. CAPPS lets you save your application and return to complete or make changes to it. You can also print a copy of your application. Once you electronically sign the application, and apply for a position, you will not be allowed to make changes. The system will automatically time you out after 20 minutes.
If you have questions about job opportunities at DADS, please contact the DADS recruiter at 512-438-3268 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about CAPPS or experience difficulty applying, please call 1-888-TX-HHS-HR (1-888-894-4747) or 1-866-839-2747 (TDD/TTY). The Service Center hours of support are Monday through Friday 7a.m. to 7p.m., Central Time.
There are six buttons that run across the top of the CAPPS website. They are designed to help you in your job search and submitting an application.
Before you can take advantage of most of the functions beyond a simple job search from the homepage, you must create a user account. That is done through the "New Members" box on the right side of the page. Click on "Build My Profile" to start the process.
Job Center Home returns you to the Job Center homepage.
My Workbench shows the jobs for which you have applied, which assessments you need to take for a particular position, and allows you to access your saved State of Texas Application or create a new application.
My Profile allows you to create a user profile and to upload your resume. (Remember, even if you upload a resume you must still complete and submit an application to be considered for a position.) You also can use this page to indicate that you want your application to be inactive.
Job Agents lets you save search parameters for the type of job in which you are interested. Once saved, you will be notified via email of new openings that match your job agent saved search.
Job Cart shows the jobs for which you have applied.
Login/Log off allow you to log in to or out of the Jobs Center.
Now that you have found a job that interests you, there are several ways in which you may apply: online, by fax or you can mail your application. If you are applying for a position at one of our state supported living centers, you may deliver the application directly to the living center. In all cases, a State of Texas Application is required.
Completing the Online State of Texas Application
Create a user account by going to the "New Members" box on the right side of the CAPPS homepage. Click on "Build My Profile" to start the process.
You can complete and submit an online State of Texas Application through CAPPS. However, you can also fax, mail, or, in the case of state supported living centers, submit the application in person. For more information about these other ways to apply, see How to Apply.
You can upload a resume through CAPPS, but you must also submit a State of Texas Application to be considered for any position.
The online system does not allow you to check your spelling. You may want to complete the description of your previous jobs in a word processing program and then copy and paste it into CAPPS.
- If you don't have time to complete your application in one sitting, you can save it and come back to it later. To find your application, click on the "Workbench" tab at the top of any of the Jobs Center pages. Under "Employment Applications Submitted," you have a choice of clicking on:
- "Saved Application," which will allow you to print a copy of your application, or
- "Review and Continue" which will allow you to edit your application. If you click "Review and Continue" your application will open at the last page on which you worked. To go back to previous pages in the application, use the "Back" button at the bottom of the screen not your browser's back button.
Updated: January 12, 2015